Sunday, May 29, 2011

Blind Man's Buff

==================================================================

The other day, my friend N invited us to his grandkid's Birthday
Party.

He knows that I don't eat at Parties
; so I am allowed to mark my attendance, return after a couple of hours, do a bit of gaga, and leave with my family.

But this time he expressed a wish that I stay back since he has a surprise for me.

That of course aroused my curiosity.

And as soon as we finished the attendance formalities, he fetched an old goon of about my age and said that the gent was PKM, my classmate for five years at AU a half century ago, and N enticed him to his Party with the rare chance of meeting good old gps.

And N left us in the peace of a two-seater sofa with a cool drink as a sweetener.

And this is the rough dialogue that took place thereafter:

*************************************************************************************************************

PKM: How wonderful to see you after so long! You haven't changed a bit!!! Where do you live?

gps: Madinaguda

PKM: That is far from civilization...but I guess it is very peaceful and free from the pollution of Jubilee Hills where I live.

gps: Yes, I am now very happy after 3 years at Banjara Hills.

PKM: I met B a week ago at a Party

gps: How nice! I hear he traveled to Antarctica for six months in that Expedition

PKM: No, that was T; B retired from Khadakvalsa College. I am told that you met L recently

gps: He kept in touch with me

PKM: He went to the Road Research Organization at Delhi; no?

gps: No; that was M; L went to Cornell

PKM: Is that so? I meet Ms K every other month

gps: Ah, I met her nephew once...she was at Chennai, no?

PKM: No, that was Ms S; K retired from ECIL here itself

gps: Is that so? I do hope they remain the great buddies they were at our Univ.

PKM: No, they never were; except for public pretense...they still bicker

gps: How nice to see you and exchange gossip!

PKM: Yea! We must meet often

gps: Sure; I must be going

PKM: Me too...my wife doesn't know anyone here

gps: Bye

PKM: Bye

N arrives and asks if we had a great time getting together...we both agreed vehemently...


===================================================================

No comments: