Monday, January 30, 2012

Humor on Wings

==========================================================================

At last I have acquired a Permanent Address. We moved into our 'own home sweet home' in Hyderabad.

And this morning I triumphantly walked to the Reception Desk of our upcoming Township manned by a sweet thing (on her cell phone) and managed to catch her glassy eye. And asked her: "Could you please give me my Permanent Postal Address?" And she scowled a bit and did several passes with her mouse (on cell phone all the while), took an A-4 paper, scrolled up and down, and wrote it with a blunt pencil and passed it on to me asking me to sort of get lost and not disturb her (still cooing on her phone).

Recently a much-respected Professor at IIT-M wrote me: "Your (Ishani) books have provided me several hours of joy." And my several committed American Bloggees (as opposed to Bloggers) have said similar kind things from time to time.

So, let us suppose (just suppose) that my US Audience (as we writers call them) want to say ThanQ to good old gps in kind and wish to send me a gift check for $1 (one dollar only...I don't accept more than a dollar each) as their tax-deductible donation to the Guide Dog (Seeing-Eye Dog) that I am proposing to buy to help me cross our doggone streets of Hyderabad. And you want to send it by post or courier. You will then need my India Post Address. It is a different matter that I can't really cash your check...my SBI charges me $5 as Transaction Fees...so I have to keep your check as a fond goodwill memento. Still, here it is. But if you happen to have a hyper-masculine handwriting like Ed Taylor, with one-inch high letters, then you have to enclose your tiny gift check in a B0 size envelope (1000 mm x 1414 mm):

***************************************************************************************************************

G. P. Sastry
F/O Sreenivas Shreenath
# 7615
Janapriya Nile Valley Project
Survey Nos. 341, 342
Near Luxor Park
Branch PO: Ameenpur
Main PO: RC Puram
Mandal- Patancheru
District: Medak
Hyderabad (A.P.)
PIN: 502 032
India
Cell: deleted

**************************************************************************************************************

Best of Luck!

===========================================================================

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear sir, it is dangerous to post your cell no. in a public page! Ask Pratik sir about it! :)

G P Sastry (gps1943@yahoo.com) said...

ThanQ for the warning! I deleted the cell number. I shall certainly ask Pratik Sir about it when we meet next.