Saturday, March 29, 2014

Ishani's Imprinting

************************************************************************************************************







Last evening while I was busy blogging, Ishani arrived at my bed crying softly in her sleeves, eyes red. 


And I lifted her up and sat her by my side and patted her head and consoled her as best as I could. 

And after a minute, she was back to normal, almost, and I tackled her:

"Why were you crying?"

"Mom beat me"

"What mischief did you do?"

"No mischief...I was only playing with my oil pastels on the sofa"

That explained it all...the sofa must be aglow with a rainbow pattern on it by now. And I said:

"When you grow up you will get married, no?"

"Yes"

"You will have a tiny daughter, no?"

"Yes"

"Will you beat her up when she does mischief?"

"Yes!"

This surprised me a bit.

"Why?"

"Daughters don't listen unless they are beat up"

"You and I have been staying together for four years. Did I ever beat you?"

"No...only mothers should beat daughters. Grandpas should do blogging. Is my name there in today's blog? Let me see"


*************************************************************************************************************

No comments: