Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wills and Shalls

-------------------------------------------------------------------

'Sonoo' is the pet-name of my son of a shotgun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Sonoo with Love

(Last Will and Testament of his Daddy)


I am passing through a phase of Wills and Shalls. So, I thought why not make one of my own.

I was born in Love, lived (largely) in Love, and I am sure I will sneak into Love up there. (cf: Taitiriya Upanishad)

Dispose of my body as it suits you best (after my Death).

I don’t much trust rituals…go easy on mumbo-jumbo.

I have discharged my duties to my father and his family to the best of my ability and wisdom (such as it is)....no spill-over there on that count.

I have no assets of my own… all are joint with you / your mom. (“Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing; 'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands; But he that filches from me my good name, Robs me of that which not enriches him, And makes me poor indeed”…Shakespeare in Othello). So no need to register this Will.

I shall watch your career with interest from up there…beware!

Don’t tell lies as far as possible (except to your wife).

Cheers!

(G.Prabhakara Sastry)
Witnesses (with their blessings);
1. Professor N. P. Rao……………..
2. Dr. Mrs. N. Annapurna,,,,,
,,

No comments: