Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Booklet Update

=======================================================================

It was like submitting a mini-Ph D thesis; unbearable tension till the thing comes out right with all pages in right order.

While I was writing up and submitting my Ph D thesis (1974), my sister who did her PG Diploma in Industrial Physics was with me at KGP. The evening I brought out all the typed copies (5 sets) and sorted them out stacking up the 250 odd pages in correct order to deliver them intact to the Binder, she was watching, and ultimately said:

"I just feel like picking them up and shuffling each set like so many packs of cards"

...Women!


Anyway, while traveling to my Printer in Khairatabad (at one end of Hyderabad) from my home near BHEL (the other end...thirty km away), I was as jittery as a husband waiting outside the Labor Room. And when I saw the booklets in good shape and bound neatly, I found the new booklet just beautiful...the Cover Design which I left to the Printer is just lovely. And I brought them home and spent the whole of last night packing them into envelopes and 'addressing' them.


This morning I took the lot to the DTDC chap (for India addressees) and to the good old India Post for those abroad.


The India envelopes must be ready for delivery by Friday 25th or by next Monday positively. The Air Mails may take anything between 3 to 4 weeks.


Look out for them...Mother Teressa will be blessing the foreigners from her postage stamps...


By the time I returned home, Ishani was by her mom's side 'writing' on the White Board (gifted by my friend NP) with a marker pen. And as I showed her 'her' copy of the fifth Ishani booklet, she dropped her marker pen and snatched the booklet from my hands and flipped the pages and asked:


"No pictures?"


This response was new to me...she has grown much within the last year...she is now surrounded by picture books and she will be going to the Nursery School next month.


And I felt shamed and rebuked by my li'l lass...


And I recalled the opening sentence of Alice in Wonderland:


'Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, "and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?" '

So, Lewis Carroll knew his stuff...

Still, she cuddled her booklet and got up and ran into her bedroom saying:


"Let me safe-keep it"


Must be from her naughty friends who have as yet only one use for a book: take a ball-pen and illustrate its pages with what they thought was the modern art form of an elephant, an umbrella or their mom...


And would take your viva:


"Guess what this picture is"

and laugh at your ignorance.

Till the white board came, my body was Ishani's brown board... 










 http://www.topnews.in/body-tattoos-becoming-popular-rawalpindi-islamabad-2133519 

======================================================================

No comments: