Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bullish Hierarchy

************************************************************************************************************

This noon, the lanes were deserted due to Diwali feasting. And I was walking by for my cup of tea and saw a decorated bull (gangireddu) walking away from me on a side lane. The bull was accompanied by a man and a boy, both dressed to kill in flowing robes, and playing on their country oboes (biens).  

I clapped and hailed them. And they turned back as I was walking up towards them. Seeing me, the man sent the boy forward to meet me to find out.

As I met up the boy I told him, waving a Rs 10 note, that I wished to take a photo of the bull. And he was glad and told the man what was up. The man turned back and posed by the bull. And I asked him to come up into the sun and asked the boy to join the group. 

The boy declined the honors and the man made no attempt to beckon his boy to join him.

I insisted and encouraged the boy too to join up. 

The boy became grave and whispered to me:

"It is HIS bull!"


 


***********************************************************************************************************

No comments: