Saturday, December 14, 2013

Ishani's favorite picture story


 ********************************************************************************************************

This wintry morning I was basking in the sun in our main balcony doing nothing, as usual.

Ishani landed up on my lap and asked:

"Tell me again that story of the dog and the ant"

"Is it the one about the ant who forgot her name while mopping her floor and went about asking every animal, including a dog and a horse, if they knew her name?"

"No!"

"Is it the one where the dog scratches his back and plucks an ant and peers down on it wondering how to eat it?"

"No"

"Then which is the one you want?...Give me a hint"

"It is the one you showed me in your book while you were blogging long time ago"

That was enough hint to me and I fetched my copy of Thurber Carnival gifted by Jogia a decade back. And Ishani smiled and shouted:

"That is the book!...Let me open it and show you the pictures"

And she was lost in the 'story' for a good ten minutes and showed it to her daddy too.

Here is the famous: "Bloodhound and the Bug"

Follow the skewed serial numbers of the pics.
  


 

 
 

 That's it...

No comments: