Sunday, December 29, 2013

Kids & Adults

************************************************************************************************************


 



 
 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


"Beany (5) often sees me bending over a chessboard, book in hand, and has taken up imitating me: she arranges the board and pieces, then sits in front of it, resting her face in her palms, elbows on the table.

She demands to be taught the moves, which is something I have not succeeded at doing. After a long struggle, I have managed to convince her that the white and black pieces are opposing armies, but then she tells me that after the game is over the opposing pieces become friends. So after a few moves, she declares that she has won the game, shakes hands, and then goes about ensuring that the two armies are friends with each other.

I have been intending to blog about this for a long while, but when I have the time I forget about it, and when I remember I want to do it I lack the time."


...aniket


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$



"It is such a pleasure to watch kids at things they think are hi-fi.

A couple of days back Ishani (4) was in my room with a guava fruit which her mom gave her, insisting that she finish it good and whole.

After taking a couple of bites, she asked me how much she had finished. And I looked at the fruit and said: "1 by 4"

This interested her strangely, and after another bite she again asked: "How much?"

I knew I was in for a long game and said: "3 by 13"

And she giggled and it went on randomly till: "11 by 29"

After which she finished the fruit excitedly, saying: "How much?"

When I said: "100%",

her joy knew no bounds...

...gps


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 


"My almost 2-yr old is still too young to grasp the beauty of fractions and intricacies of chess but he has entered the phase where every new object he encounters is quickly followed by the question "eita ki" ? I hope he manages to retain this level of curiosity by the time he gets to fractions and chess."


...supratim



*************************************************************************************************************

No comments: