Monday, June 9, 2014

Blogsagar

***********************************************************************************************************


 





The week that went by was the week when my wife was in the ICU two years ago. And now, right to the minute, is the time when she breathed her last peacefully.

So I have been taking it easy on blogging original pieces during the past week...reminiscing and ruminating about the long past.

That doesn't mean that I was away from my Blogger. I have been checking if anyone anywhere in the world is reading my posts of the remote past...ego...

And then I click on that post and re-read it and wonder if it was indeed me that posted all that stuff. 1750 posts is an ocean for a chance blogger like me.

And yesterday I was delighted to read this comment from a KGPian of roughly my vintage on a series of 9 posts that I wrote a couple of years ago when my wife was in the terminal stages of her cancer:

1 comment:

 
Naba Barkakati said... 
 
I learned programming in FORTRAN on the IBM 1620 at IIT Kharagpur in 1975. Enjoyed reading your posts about the IBM 1620.

Best regards 



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


ThanQ! Sir! 

The other day I was also moved by this message that was passed on to me:

 
...Yesterday BR visited us and gave a seminar in the department. I don't know if you remember him. He was a 2003 Integrated  MSc. pass out...He was remembering you very fondly and said something like this: "The tensor calculus taught by GPS twelve years ago is currently of immense help for my theoretical calculations." 

 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


Pleasures of teaching at IIT KGP and and blogging about it!


...Posted by Ishani


*************************************************************************************************************

No comments: