Sunday, June 8, 2014

Friendslip

************************************************************************************************************









Dedicated to 

B. W. KING-HALL


My dear Buddy,

We have been friends for eighteen years. A considerable proportion of my books were written under your hospitable roof. And yet I have never dedicated one to you. What will be the verdict of Posterity on this? The fact is, I have become rather superstitious about dedications. No sooner do you label a book with the legend:


TO

MY BEST FRIEND

X


than X cuts you in Piccadilly, or you bring a lawsuit against him. There is a fatality about it. However, I can't imagine anyone quarrelling with you, and I am getting more attractive all the time, so let's take a chance,

Yours ever,

P. G. Wodehouse




...Posted by Ishani

 **********************************************************************************************************

No comments: