Sunday, September 14, 2014

Not Guilty

*************************************************************************************************************************










Over the past 2 months I have been repeat-telecasting scores of earlier posts from my blog-archive.

There is a reason for this as I explained earlier...there are many new readers of this blog and they can't find nice needles in this huge haystack.

In particular, I have been receiving tremendous encouragement by our much-loved Professor of Eng Lit, Prof Manasi Sinha of IIT KGP. But for her, this wouldn't have transpired.

And the payoff has been that the number of daily hits of this blog has doubled from about 200 to 400 from all corners of the reading world.

At times however I used to feel guilty as though I am cheating in my Board Exams.

But just now I happened to pick up the RKN book, 'A Writer's Nightmare', gifted me by Aniket Basu with the inscription:



"To Sir With Love...June 19, 1999" 

(some hidden numerology there)


And to my immense relief I discovered that among RKN's 65 pieces, only 18 are new and the rest are repeat telecasts from his previous collections: 30 from 'Next Sunday' and 17 from 'Reluctant Guru'.

The book was published by Penguin Books India in 1988 when RKN was very much alive.

And he must have made piles out of his self-plagiarism ;)

While I remain ever as poor as a temple bull.

And I can cite RKN's precedent here since:



"A cat can look at a King"


...Posted by Ishani  


************************************************************************************************************************

No comments: