Thursday, December 30, 2010

Word Play

==================================================================

Chandamama Story 1950s:

The Irritable Shopkeeper (IS) was vexed with his Irritating Customer (IC).

IS: I know you aren't going to buy a single banana; why are you haggling for hours?

IC: I can chew up the entire bunch of your bloody bananas, what do you think?

IS: If you can really do it, I will gift you a Laddu that can't fit up even my doorway!

IC: Challenge?

IS: Challenge!

By then a curious crowd gathered and egged them on.

IC plucked one banana from the bunch of dozens, chewed it a bit and flung it up in the air; and repeated with the next and the next...

IS: What the Hell are you doing?

IC: Why! I 'chewed' them and 'up', no?

The crowd giggled and asked IS to keep his end of the bet.

IS then picked up the tiniest Laddu from his jar and gifted it to IC.

iC: What the Hell are you doing?

IS: Try your bloody best and 'fit it up' my doorway!

************************************************************************************************************

True Story; no Gul!

April Last Week 1995, IIT KGP

I was reading my Thurber in my Office waiting for the QM II Exam of the 4th Years to be over in another 5 minutes.

There was a gentle knock on my door and A entered and spoke grimly:

A: Please fail me; I wish to appear in Supplementary

Me: No way...What is the matter?

A: I just browsed my answer-script before submitting and am sure I won't be getting my A Grade. I will prepare well in the Summer Vacation and knock up an Ex in Supplies so I can get an A: one Grade less as per rules

Me: Meet me before you leave for the Summer Vacation

Duly on April 30 A appeared on my threshold...

Me: Your scores are good in the Mid-Sems, Assignments, Attendance etc....so you did knock up your A Grade...go home and enjoy!

A: But..but...sir! I scratched all the answers by drawing diagonal lines on every page and scribbling: Please Omit across each diagonal line!

Me: Yes, I did 'omit' each and every alphabet that was on those lines..

**********************************************************************************************************

If you are curious to know more about the now-famous Professor A, please look up:

http://gpsastry.blogspot.com/2010/08/reco-mela-5.html

http://gpsastry.blogspot.com/2010/06/class-of-96.html

******************************************************************************

Moral: Don't think you can outsmart your Teachers..they too were students once and know every trick in the book.



=========================================================

No comments: