Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bose Speakers

***********************************************************************************************************

 Babu-Bashing is my favorite pastime.

After passing just one exam in their lives, our Babus become experts in everything under the sun. Today you are the Managing Director of a Govt Printing Press. Tomorrow you are a District Magistrate. And the day after, Joint Secretary of Finance.

During our youth IAS aspirants had to acquire a vast amount of General Knowledge. They had special books to mug up. Like the Manorama Yearbook (still popular).

5 years ago an IAS chap of my age was visiting us.

Across the dining table I happened to tell him that I composed the first limerick of my life an hour back. And he asked me to recite it...which I did:

 
Bose was a small-town Bengaaly
Bose rhymed with Rose lovingly
He counted Photons
All hailed them Bosons
God’s great he wasn’t a Ganguly!



And then he asked who this Bose is. And I told him he was a renowned physicist. 

And he said:

"Yea, I know...he invented the loudspeaker"

QED


************************************************************************************************************

No comments: