Saturday, April 11, 2015

Dark & Lovely - 5

******************************************************************************************************************************************









I am now wading into deep political waters and may get arrested despite the glad news that our Supreme Court has scrapped Sec 66A...that is another story for another day.


Let me declare outright that I am neither a member nor a sympathizer of any political party. I have equal regard for all. But I find our present PM interesting because he is different.

A few days ago a Bihari member of his ministry known for his provocative statements bowled yet another of his googlies. 

Earlier, during the hectic electioneering for Lok Sabha, he said that whoever doesn't vote for Modi should go to Pakistan. Naturally this was pounced upon by my secular friends in print in DC who condemned it. A couple of them, a lady and a gent, declared that they were not going to vote for Modi and would gladly shift to Pakistan if Modi were to become our PM...they did nothing of the sort...they are still whining, sitting here in Delhi and Bombay and contributing columns to DC and bagging monies.

This time this gent from Bihar asked a question that went something like:

"Would Congress have welcomed her as their president had Rajiv Gandhi married a black Nigerian woman rather than a white Italian?"

Shit at once hit all the fans and everyone who was offended asked for the outright dismissal of this firebrand...of course nothing of the sort happened...elections are looming in Bihar.

But none answered that question with a 'yes', or 'no', or 'I don't know' or 'it depends'.

I find that the lady whom the said Gandhi married does have a white skin and is Italian but she is no Gina Lollobrigida (see the pic above) according to me. 

And the pic below shows a popular Nigerian actress who is certainly dark and surely lovely, according to me again.









So my answer to the above question is: 'it depends'...I love this answer since I reveled in it while I was teaching physics at IIT KGP for 4 decades and faced many inconvenient physics questions from students, like:

"Is electron a particle or a wave?"

On the other hand, I now ask the following question to all the Congresswalas who got offended by the Bihari:

"Why did our Italian-born queen not accept the PM crown when it was hers according to her voters; but instead shoved it on to a turbaned head that was toothless?"

This is a question that can't be bypassed since it is a matter of future history of the nation.

I don't think it is a matter of supreme sacrifice since she was the de facto PM for a decade according to her opposition.

Unfair folks say that it was out of fear for life...the opposition lady, who is now strutting, had threatened to shave her head. But why fear a shaved head?...even I got mine shaved recently when my mom was airlifted to heaven:





And no one...I repeat no one, not even little Ishani, feared me alas!...


***********************************************************************************************************************************************

No comments: