Saturday, July 31, 2010

Foreword

It is a pleasure to read the compilations and reminiscences of the emerging great in modern style blog-writing, the inimitable Prof Dr.GPS!

He is proving time and again that he is not only a great Physicist but also an English Scholar who has a deep penchant and love for the language thanks to the nice foundation laid by his great father and teacher par excellence Shri G Radhakrishniah.

The love for English runs in the family and also in the acquired family through marriage, in the likes of Shri G Rangarao IAS and of course myself through another great English teacher my beloved wife Mrs Ramadevi Moorthy. The only difference for me is that I enjoy the fruits of others and appreciate their work!

Dr.GPS has touched across the entire spectrum of his life right from childhood to the present state of happy retirement, giving us lucid entertaining views, without offending any one, which I feel is nice.

His views on all aspects of Campus Life, Economy, Society, Friendship with colleagues, Attachment to students -- and finally his portrayal of his favorite MALGUDI- the real beach village turned township of MUTHUKUR are all enjoyable

Habits are hard to beat! Like a good medical student who sits for the whole night just before the exam burning the proverbial midnight oil, I read through the book on the last day of my deadline to write the Foreword, (a nice gesture to honor me or motivate me to follow his foot steps?!) and find it to be a real interesting collection of blogs.

May God Bless him with more fruitful writings. I am glad to be part of his efforts and thank him for the nice opportunity to express my appreciation of his work... Congrats Dear Brother-in-law..Prabhakar

Dr L V K Moorthy

I thank Dr L V K Moorthy, President, IMA Tamil Nadu (2008-09), for his touching Foreword. His kind words three yeas ago dispelled my gloom and continue to do so to this day. Healing is his profession as well as his passion.

G P Sastry

No comments: