Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blogsworth - 1

=============================================================

November 1, 2008


Dear Sir,

Does my name ring any bells ? :) Hope you still remember me.

How are you? It's been a long long long time; hope things are good at your end. I have been thinking of writing to you for very long actually, but it just kept slipping. I am also doing good, completed almost close to 9 years in Software Industry, right now in Netherlands working for a R&D Company in Enterprise Software. I also got married 3 years back :)

How r things with you? I was trying to look for your email id for quite sometime, I guess you have retired from KGP now. I don't see your name in the faculty directory.

I finally found your email id today from your blog.

Where are you living now?

I am applying for grad schools in US and UK in CS and today when I found your email id it was like a wish come true :) I would be really happy and honored if I could get your recommendation letter for the same.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards

AB


*****************************************************************************************

Fast Forward:

*****************************************************************************************

July 1, 2010


Dear Sir,

Hope you are doing great. I keep reading your blog entries and they always manage to bring back my kgp memories. They are so enlightening and are full of lessons for your students like me.

I have survived 2 semesters at CMU, and currently in the middle of the 3rd one….one more to go after this. Last semester I took a course on Quantum computing, just to get back in touch with good old Physics again and it was an awesome experience, sir.


Thanks to your QM-2 class, I was able to connect back to the concepts very easily and quickly. In case you are interested in knowing what I learnt, you can find the course contents at http://quantum.phys.cmu.edu/QCQI/ . I also wrote a paper on Quantum search algorithms as part of this course.

This semester is full of research work for me which I am quite enjoying. I finally finish my course in December and then need to decide what to do next. Rest all is well here…..hoping the same at your end too.


Looking forward to hearing from you,


Regards


AB


*******************************************************************************************


God Bless AB & Family!

=================================================================


No comments: