Sunday, February 27, 2011

3 is Crowd!

=========================================================






It is said that 1 is lonely, 2 is company and 3 is crowd!






So it was for me for the past couple of days....I have been crowded out of my blog by 3 factors hopelessly:







*********************************************************************************************






1. Early one morning, i.e. 11 AM, I passionately switched on my PC and NOTHING happened...it just went dead.



She was not to blame...she has been sending warning signals of her impending demise for almost six months...she would just hang, first every 15 minutes, then 10 minutes,,,etc.



She has served me for eleven faithful years, and it was time to go.



My son came in and dignosed her and pronounced her "Dead!".



And he at once gave me one of his two laptops and declared: "This is yours!".



Everyone in the household: my son, wife, D-i-L and even Ishani feel at a complete loss when I am not found in front of my PC Table...for various reasons...mostly fearing my mental health...they think my PC is like one of those Poopcee plastic nipples that were once popular for silencing the babies...now they are out of fashion.



But for a chap who is used to his PC for so many years, asking him to mount a laptop is like asking a chap who has been riding a 24" Hercules bicycle to mount on Ishani's 3-wheeler.



And I gave up.



So, here I am in our nukkad cybercafe.



I don't like it at all.



First the several dingy cubicles.



Then you have no choice,



Then she is a stranger, everytime. Try and punch the usual buttons, and she comes up with several 'dialogue' boxes and you don't know how to shut her up. Punch on any button and she will come up with more dialogue boxes.



You then recall the famous lines: "Shut your mouth and let me love!"



And then these half-shutters and folks peering at you asking as if you are not still done with...that horrible man-on-you feeling.



All in all like visiting a wrong PC (Public Convenience) for a 3-hour love affair..for that is what a blog takes for me in new and strange environs.







************************************************************************************************







2. After quite a while, I woke up with a terrible toothache.



Tomes have been written on this subject and I don't wish to add more.



All I have to say is that it is enfeebling.



Now, all teeth don't go phut one morning unless you had terrible accident.



They go one by sad other.



Imagine you have an enormous water-tank standing on 32 columns.



Ulike Decaon's Masterpiece One-Hoss Chaise, all are never built equally strong.



First, one of them gives; and the entire load falls on the next strongest..then that gives..and the next...till just one is left...as is the case with me.



The nukkad Dentist, a young man with absolutely no experience of toothache simply asks you: "Do you want to keep it or let it go?"



This is one of those million-dollar questions...you are so attached to your half-penny that you would say: "I want to keep it".



Then he would say: "Root-Canal" as if it were just sluice-repair work.



And prescribes antibiotics and pain-killers and asks you to come after a week.



Naturally, you won't go if the swelling and pain subside.



And 3 months later the thing starts again...and you visit a different dentist since the earlier one would rebuke you..







************************************************************************************************







3. We are shifting house.



Again, this is a topic on which tomes have been written and I don't wish to add more.



Except that it takes a good month to find your bearings again in the totally new environs.



And we are going 24 kilometers away into a no-man's land.



And a terrific sublimation from a Ground-Floor Apt to the 13th Floor of a 14-Floor Gated Community Township.







*************************************************************************************************







All in all a Sea-Change and a survival-threatening thing for httt://gpsatry.blogspot.com







Last couple of days I have been reading the three Ishani booklets.



My reading them is obviously totally different than yours.



I say, with all humility {;-}: "I find them damn good reading!"



There is enough accumulated material for a cute 60-page next Ishani booklet; composing and getting printed of which would be a Herculian under the circs..







Anyone out there volunteering to write a one-page (laudatory) Foreword?






===========================================================

No comments: