Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Why Repeat?

*********************************************************************************************************************








Half of my August's 60 odd posts would be 'Repeat Telecasts' of older posts.

A few readers must be wondering why I am repeating myself endlessly.

Well, it is not to boost my number of posts which has crossed the 1800 mark without my being any wiser or richer...I have always been a dropout from life's races.

The reason for this repetition is two-fold:

1. Often I need a break from daily posting. Just plain exhaustion. And there are still a couple of readers over there who wonder if I am ok when I don't post anything for two or more days...very kind of them. So I take rest and re-post some of my old favorites with an added cartoon or two.

2. Many old readers have quit by now...naturally. And many new readers 'discovered' my blog and started reading the daily postings. Some of them wish to read the older posts but, as the most loved English Teacher at IIT KGP (Prof MS) put it recently, this blog has become 'unfathomable' and it is impossible to read all the back numbers. 

There has been a unique new reader (eight months old) who fondly said:


Respected Sir,


Trust you are doing well. Just wanted to let you know that I read all your postings of 2009 and 2010 & thoroughly enjoyed it (Still have to catch up on 2011 and 2012). Your insights, tongue-in-cheek comments, foibles & witticisms were an absolute treat!  Thanks to you, I also got an opportunity to know Prof. SDM through your posts - He appears to have been a towering personality with razor sharp mental acuity.

Thanking you once again for your postings,

Best Regards,

Suvra



...Wow Suvra, thank you a million...your good old gps is overwhelmed!!!



And to Prof MS for her absolutely kind words:


Dear Professor Sastry,

Read, re-read leisurely the brilliant pieces of Woolgathering & Granpa's Tall Tales. Enjoyed the fruits of your love's labour & relived the past in all its sweetness & melodies.The gentle humour like gentle breeze freshened up the spirit of the lazy self & recharged it to look for newer joys in life. So powerful are your Chatty Essays & Tall Tales!


I too pray that may God bless you with 'more fruitful writings'.....a source of endless joy to us.


Thanks for your beautiful gifts.




As I always said:

"Kind words are better than coronets"


...Posted by Ishani


**************************************************************************************************************************

No comments: