Saturday, January 9, 2021

NCC Physics

 ********************************************************************************************************


NCC Physics


1975: IIT KGP:


Being a Sardarji, Prof MSS was naturally attracted to the Armed Forces. His opportunity came when someone told him that there is a sprawling NCC Unit at IIT KGP. 


He then applied for the position of an Officer in its Air Wing.


Soon he was called for an interview.


The first question that was fired at him by the Wind Commander (on deputation) was:


"You are a physicist. Tell me what is the principal difference between the physics of a propeller plane and a the physics of a jet plane"


"Sir! Please sir! I do not know"


"Propeller planes obey the second law of Newton while jet planes obey his third law"


(Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!)


But MSS, being MSS, bowed his turbanned head respectfully and said:


"Sir! Thank you sir! This is the first time I am learning new physics in an interview"


He was selected...


Three months later his Wing Commander met Prof MSS in the Tech Market and complained:


"Mr Sikand! You always salute me smartly in the NCC Bhavan. But why do you never salute me in the Tech Market?"


"Sir! Please sir! In the NCC Bhavan I am in my splendid uniform that reminds me I am a proud Air Force Officer. But in the Tech Market I am in my civilian clothes and forget myself and feel like a simpleton junior lecturer"


"But once an Air Force Officer, always an Air Force Officer"


"Sir! Please sir! Whenever you see me in the Tech Market, please remind me and I will at once come to attention and give you my smart military salute"


"Good! That would be fine!"


:)



*****************************************************************************************************



 


No comments: