Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blogsworth - 2

===================================================================

This is a short sequel to Blogsworth - 1: (a longer new one will follow in a couple of hours)

http://gpsastry.blogspot.com/2011/02/blogsworth.html

***************************************************************************

A KGPian student of a couple of decades vintage writes:

"...Reading your blogs makes me strangely uplifted".

gps: There is nothing strange about it; my blogs are a Celebration of Life, warts and all.

This same student whiplashed me once like: "Your latest blog is morbid...I don't like it".

******************************************************************************************************

Another student of a similar vintage, with about a dozen years of the US under his academic belt wrote that he got an Assistant Professor Post @ IIT Delhi after a Skype interview lasting an hour.

I told him that a Teaching Position at the good old IITs is a "Learning Experience":

http://gpsastry.blogspot.com/2010/10/learning-curve.html

This post has been described by the 'strangely uplifted sir' as one of the three best blogs of all time (among 600).

********************************************************************************************************

Last Laugh:

I never knew that I am a Cheshire Cat till I browsed Dharam Vir's (IAS) Obit Notice of gps:

Dharam Vir:

"...From Kharagpur, I moved to IIT, Kanpur for Masters. There we had two semesters course on Electrodynamics. Whenever I attended lecture on this subject, Sastry used to come like a flash and disappear...."


===================================================================

No comments: