Sunday, December 30, 2012

Delhi Durbar Centenary

*************************************************************************************

 


The other day I was talking about a Columnist who called himself Social Science Nomad (whatever that may mean).

I liked the Nomad word.

Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is one of my favorites. His tome, Glimpses of World History is always lying on my bed:

 http://gpsastry.blogspot.in/2012/12/joint-property.html 

So, I thought why not call myself a History Nomad (whatever that may mean).

The last and grandest Delhi Durbar was held in 2011:

The Durbar was held in December to commemorate the coronation in Britain a few months earlier of King George V and Queen Mary, allow their proclamation as Emperor and Empress of India--and, without public forewarning, the announcement of the move of India's capital from Calcutta to New Delhi.

 ....wiki

So, I wish to celebrate the closing of the Centenary Year of this profound event by listing a few of the highlights of this year, 2012. As you know I am fond of words, rather...

So, let me make a list of

NYMS     X   ANTONYMS 

Candle Light  X  Cannon Water

Flash Mob  X  Rented Crowd

Party Men  X  Lumpen Elements

Social Media  X  Paid News

Facebook Item  X  Section 66 A

Shundori Shundori  X  Dented Painted

Jantar Mantar  X  Rashtrapati Bhavan

Anti-Rape Protestors  X  Armed Maoists

Delhi CM  X  Police Chief 

Baba Baba  X  Black Sheep

Aam Admi  X  AAP

Safdarjung Hospital  X  Mt Elizabeth Hospital

Rape  X  Rope 

FDI  X  DIDI

 *************************************************************************************


 





*****************************************************************************************

No comments: