Friday, December 14, 2012

Syntaxation

************************************************************************************************************

Ravi Shankar was more or less My Gen Man, along with Satyajit Ray...in the sense that I discovered them as soon as I reached Bengal in the 1960s when they were sizzling hot.  

So for the last two days I have been reading every single sentence written about Ravi Shankar in DC and ToI.

And here is a sentence that struck me like a blackjack with its syntax...I have yet to come to terms with it:

"Ravi Shankar was born to a Bengali family in 1920, his father a barrister who left home for work and another partner in London."

The comma didn't help much....wiki did.


*************************************************************************************************************

No comments: