Saturday, August 3, 2013

Contraindications

**********************************************************************************************************

 



The other day there was an Anonymous Comment on one of my posts. The commenter was asking me to write a blog-post on a topic that he...I dislike the he/she syndrome...admitted is controversial, implying that l don't touch controversial topics in my blog.

I replied to his comment by a counter-comment but didn't write the post he had asked me to write. 


I may do so, by and by.  

I write an occasional Letter to the Editor of DC when I read a well-written article with which I have a difference of opinion. DC trashes them often.

The other day there was a nicely written OPED article in DC with which I disagreed here and there.

The writer was staunchly supporting the recent controversial comment of one of our living Bharat Ratnas. 

And was bemoaning that India never had a Muslim PM...and is unlikely to have one anytime soon...while the US elected a black as her President twice in succession.

This irritated me and I wrote an impromptu Letter to the Editor of DC which it trashed...understandably.

Here is my LTTE:


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dear Sir:

I agree with many points raised by Javed Anand's OPED article (2 August 2013).

But I would like to add that Indian history is vastly different from US history. It took two centuries of democracy and a century of slavery for the US to elect her first black president. 


We will also get there by and by.

But recall that Muslims, not to talk of Buddhists and Christians, have ruled India for many centuries and even now rule parts of what was once India. And a Sikh gent born in Pakistan has been ruling us for two successive terms...helped by a lady born Catholic in Italy...or is it the the other way round?


Did Blacks or Red Indian women rule ever the US for centuries?

Regards

G. P. Sastry 
7615 JPNV
Road # 12
Madhavapuri Hills
PJR Enclave
Chandanagar
Hyderabad 500 050


**********************************************************************************************************

No comments: