Saturday, August 3, 2013

Golden Bengal

***********************************************************************************************************

Four years ago I posted this rhyme of mine for the future pleasure of little Ishani:


Hilsa is a fish
Bengal's famous dish
Art and culture
Song and sculpture
Bengalis nourish
 



Those were the early years of my retirement after 40 years in Bengal which I was missing badly...Hyderabad was so different.

I recalled that when my son, Sonoo, was a kid, he found many of his friends going to the Drawing Class of Sadhan Kaku held in a Qrs opposite to ours. I could guess he was keen on joining the Class. And my wife consented. The Class continued for five years or so till we shifted Qrs and Sonoo was into hardcore acads.

He was enjoying his Drawing Class and it must have helped him in his Class XII Biology in which he stood Regional First in KV. 

I never saw him draw after that...except his pay.

Ishani is now at an age (3.5) when we were looking for music or arts tutors in our upcoming gated community.

Finally my D-i-L discovered a Drawing Tutor in our own neighborhood taking classes twice a week...@ the rates of Hyderabad

Guess what?

She turned out to be a Bengali lady...

Some flashback that!

This weekend morning I found my son and his daughter sitting on the floor, each trying to encourage the other in Drawing. 

I am told that motor skills like driving are never quite forgot once they are learned at a young age.

Maybe this is true of arts too.

Below is Sonoo's impromptu output with Ishani's crayons. And Ishani is duly astonished that her father could DRAW!!!...somewhat better than her.




 




***********************************************************************************************************

No comments: