Saturday, October 25, 2014

IITians' Rukmini Memories - Repeat Telecast

*************************************************************************************************************************







Supratim:

I will always remember her for her warmth and kindness and for the best kadhi-pakora I had which was made by her at your house during one of the many dinners I had there. I guess it must have been initially difficult for her to adjust to life in a place like kgp, a small town in bengal at the time you joined. Yet how splendidly she adjusted and enjoyed life there is revealed in one of my all time favourite stories from your blogs "Torn Fences and Broken Walls".




Saswat:


I remember meeting Mrs Sastry a few times when we got to visit your apartment back in KGP. One particular time I remember vividly is during the holi of 2005 when we (a few Physics final year guys)  decided to pay you a visit past midday. She opened the door when we knocked, didn't flinch the least bit at the sight of us crazy kids drenched in wet colors, very kindly let us in - we were all really soaked in and dripping colors - and fed us sweets while we wished you and her a happy holi.  

Thanks to your blogs, she makes appearance in so many of your stories, she will remain in the hearts of your readers.



Vinit:

After returning from a week-long trip yesterday night, the first thing that I did after starting our home PC was, as usual, to check with excitement for your blogs, but it was sad to read that Auntie is now no more. I had met Auntie only once when we were invited at your house in KGP and we had thoroughly enjoyed the nice dinner prepared by Auntie. The second time I felt the shower of her affection was when you and auntie had called me on phone two years back and Auntie had invited us to Hyderabad, but I feel so sad that we could unfortunately not make it. Through your blogs, I learned that she sacrificed her career to take better care of family and I must add that partly it must have also helped you in taking better care of your students like us...





...Posted by Ishani

*******************************************************************************************************************

No comments: