Sunday, October 26, 2014

Saswat on Hotel Management - Repeat Telecast

**********************************************************************************************************************





By the way, reading your latest blog reminded me of a similar hotel in Chennai where my father and I stayed once about 2 years ago. It was a dingy place with a couple of AC rooms. We got one AC room. It was late at night when we arrived so we were looking forward to sleep. 

When we entered the room, we found the room freezing cold because of the AC. And since it was summer, it was not possible to sleep without the AC.  So we needed some chaddars or blankets to be able to sleep with the AC on. But there was no chaddar/blanket, just bare beds. 

When I went to the guy manning the reception and asked him for chaddars, he looked at me as if he had no clue. And he could only speak Tamil - or so he pretended. There was just no way to sleep without a chaddar - so I persisted.  Then I realized he was hinting at something. He was asking me for some extra money for chai paani. So I gave him a small amount that I had in my pocket. And lo and behold, he started speaking in English and some blankets materialized from under his table. 

Not sure if that room had a rat, but from the look of it, there could very well be  a rat or two there.

It's always funny in Chennai how all of a sudden people are able to speak in English and become helpful once one applies some sweeteners.



...Posted by Ishani

**************************************************************************************************************************

No comments: