Saturday, October 25, 2014

Obese Humor - Repeat Telecast

***************************************************************************************************************************




My wife, my son, and I were such frequent visitors to the Cancer Center here that everyone there knew us and helped us beyond their bounds of duty.

In particular, the Technicians, Sisters and Ayas (aide-ladies) were extra-kind to us, as they indeed are to every patient with advanced cancer. In particular one rather well-built smiling Aya was very much familiar to me by sight although I never asked her name.

Last March we had to visit the Cancer Center for an overnight stay for a check-up and an I.V. infusion. The next day happened to be my wife's Happy Birthday. And we were stuck there till late in the evening...but with a thorough check-up.

While leaving, my son and I decided to celebrate his mom's B'Day by distributing packets of sweets to all the employees of the Center...one packet for the Front Office, one for the Technical Staff, one for the Parking Attendants, and one for the Ayas (about 5 ayas in all).

It was already sevenish and we hurried and we could catch one of each set for handing over their packets. But the Aya I was looking for was missing and I was rather keen on giving her the packet meant for their set.

And after a couple of minutes' hunting I was met by another Aya who looked similar but not the same. She was wheeling her barrow. I stopped her and asked her:

"Could you please tell me if that Aya is here or gone home?"

"Which Aya do you mean?"

"I...ah...I don't know her name"

"Can you describe her?"


I then raised my folded elbows a bit and said:

"She is a bit plump"


Upon which she laughed and laughed heartily and said, raising her folded elbows:

 "All of us are a bit plump here...ho! ho!! ho!!!"


I felt thoroughly shamed; and she got the packet in my hands... 


...Posted by Ishani

**********************************************************************************************************************

No comments: