Sunday, November 23, 2014

Mal-agreements

*************************************************************************************************************************

...I was standing on the Eden rock at Antibes last month, idly watching the bathers disport themselves in the water, and a girl I knew slightly pointed at a male diver and asked me if I didn't think his legs were about the silliest-looking pair of props ever issued to a human being. I replied that I did, indeed, and for the space of perhaps two minutes was extraordinarily witty and satirical about this bird's underpinning. At the end of that period, I suddenly felt as if I had been caught up in the tail of a cyclone.

Beginning with a critique of my own limbs, which she said, justly enough, were nothing to write home about, this girl went on to dissect my manners, morals, intellect, general physique, and method of eating asparagus with such acerbity that by the time she had finished the best you could say of Bertram was that, so far as was known, he had actually never committed murder or set fire to an orphan asylum. Subsequent investigation proved that she was engaged to the fellow with the legs and had had a slight disagreement with him the evening before on the subject of whether she should or should not have made the original call of two spades, having seven, but without the ace. That night I saw them dining together with every indication of relish, their differences made up and the love light once more in the eyes. That shows you, Jeeves.

...PGW 



Flattery cartoons, Flattery cartoon, funny, Flattery picture, Flattery pictures, Flattery image, Flattery images, Flattery illustration, Flattery illustrations




...Posted by Ishani


*********************************************************************************************************************

No comments: